Tonight I´m off to meet some friends and celebrate midsummer, and in that occasion I´ve made myself a midsummer head wreath. Here is a little tutorial for you in case you want to make something similar. It´s very easy, and done is a few ; )
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED:
- Hair band
- Thin green wire ( silver or gold is nice to if you have.. )
- Flowers ( I used white Gypsophila paniculata / “Brudeslør” and eucalyptus )
1. Start with the eucalyptus, and twirl it around the hair band. Use wire at the ends to hold it on place.
2. Use your scissors to cut the flowers in small pieces, so you can make small bouquets.
3. Start at one of the ends, and lay small bouquets of flowers in the same direction while you use the wire to hold them all in place.
Spray the flower wreath with some water and and put it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator until you are going to use it ( so it stay fresh ).
You can see the midsummer head wreath I made last year here.
HAPPY MIDSUMMER, EVERYONE!
Images: Nina Holst