It doesn’t have to cost a fortune to have a Christmassy home. You can find a lot of things to decorate with in the woods or on budget in stores. Here I´m sharing 10 decorating ideas on a budget with you:
1. A small tree in a pot is a simple and beautiful way to bring some Christmas feeling into your home (photo above).
2. Clip out some paper trees out of cardboard for decoration. A fun activity to do with your kids!
3. I found this beautiful cloche at a thrift store, then added some moss, nuts and a deer. On a low budget and very decorative, I think!
4. Don´t have a tablecloth? Use some leftover wallpaper as a table runner instead. It will give you something to talk about around the table for sure 🙂
5. In lack of pots for your Christmas flowers? Use paper and twine instead.
6. For a natural look it´s perfect to use nuts as decoration as I have done here. Use whatever you have..
7. Bring nature inside! Use moss, branches of pine, pine cones etc., and gather it all on a tray like this. Mix it up with some flowers if you want, but it´s not necessary.
8. Another idea from the woods. Pine twigs in vases certainly does the trick!
9. Use a few of your Christmas flowers and /or a pine twig for your table setting like this to add some “life” to the table.
10. My last idea is from last year´s Christmas. A couple of pine branches from our garden in a vase on the table. It will last throughout Christmas for sure!
I hope you got some ideas 😉
Styling and photography: Nina Holst