We still have a few projects planned for the living room in our new house, but we are very happy with how it has turned out so far, so I´m sharing some BEFORE and AFTER photos of it today for you to see the change…
So this is how it looked before we started the renovating. The living room/loft was very dark because of all the wood, and it had a very outdated and discolored textile wallpaper that desperately needed a makeover ( it was much worse than you can see on this picture ).
THIS IS WHAT WE DID:
– We started by removing all the mouldings ( windows, doors, ceiling and floor) for a cleaner and more modern look.
– Then we used “Jotun Sparkel for Grove underlag” (wall filler) on all the walls to cover up the old textile wallpaper. Then we finished with Jotun Slettvegg for a smooth finish and to prevent cracks.
– Painted most of the walls in LADY Pure Color 1624 Letthet and windows+loft in LADY Supreme Finish, Silkematt – 1624 Letthet, and one corner in LADY Pure Color 9938 Dempet sort
– The pine wood floor has been sanded and treated with lye, white oil and matt lacquer.
– We have keep the main ceiling as it was, but to make the area underneath the loft brighter, we removed the wooden panels and plastered the ceiling and painted it with LADY Tak. We also installed white LED downlights.
-The loft wooden ceiling was untreated and therefore very dark, so we used LADY Pure Nature Interiørbeis, Hvitkalket to get it as light as the rest of the ceiling in the living room.
Since the living room is so large (about 70 sqm), we have chosen to divide it up into zones to make it more intimate and practical. We chose to use LADY Pure Color 9938 Dempet sort, in one of the corners to separate the area and getting a contrast. We chose this color so it would harmonize with the black furniture and home décor that we have elsewhere in the living room.
You can see more BEFORE photos of the living room here if you like.
What do you think of the change?
Want more BEFORE and AFTER? See the bedroom makeover here!
Images: Nina Holst