The bedroom in our new house was screaming for a makeover (see the before-picture at the end of this post), and we are both really pleased with how it turned out after the renovation. We still have a few projects in there before we can call it finished, but I´m sharing BEFORE & AFTER photos anyway … Maybe you´ll get a few ideas if you have a renovation project ahead.
THIS IS WHAT WE DID:
– Used the “Jotun Sparkel for Grove underlag” on all the walls to cover up the old structured wallpaper ( miljøstrie ). Finished with Jotun Slettvegg for a smooth finish and to prevent cracks.
– Painted three of the walls in LADY Pure Color 9925 Bergknatt
– The “window wall” painted with LADY Pure Color 1624 Letthet / Windows: LADY Supreme Finish, Silkematt – 1624 Letthet
– Removed all the mouldings ( windows, doors, ceiling and floor) for a cleaner and more modern look.
– Plastered the ceiling and installed white LED downlights.
– Removed the carpet tiles on the floor and painted the heated concrete floor in the color Letthet 1624 ( using Tresjerners betongmaling )
DOORS: – Mouldings were removed and the doors got painted with LADY Supreme Finish Matt, 9938 Dempet sort. The door handles were spray painted in matt black.
– Removed two big wardrobes with sliding mirror walls, and replaced one of them with two double MALM dressers for storage. ( On the other wall we will build a customized wardrobe solution.
Images: Nina Holst / Before photo: Finn.no